Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Engagement Story :)

 So we finally got to go snowshoeing! We headed up the mountain at around noon. Not going to lie. I hated snowshoeing at first. I couldn't do it. I already am not the most coordinated person in the world so it was super awkward at first, but I eventually got the hang of it. We hiked 2 miles completely up hill. Not going to lie at one point I seriously considered laying down in the snow and telling him to go on with out me. He was incredibly patient and encouraging to me the entire time. I feel like I can do anything when he is supporting me. I always make fun of him for being impatient while driving or in other circumstances but when it comes to me he is the most patient man in the world. :) Any way getting to the top was MORE than worth it. The view was breath taking. One of the mostbeautiful views I have ever seen. We ate lunch and then I joked with Garren that I deserved a trophy or something for making it . He agreed and told me he had a prize. He made me close my eyes... and eventually, let me open them. When I did he was on one knee with the most beautiful ring and asked me tomarry him. I think I said yes like a hundred times or something. I maybe cried a little bit. Thank heavens for sun glasses :P My hands were too cold to take my mittens off so I had to wait till we hiked back down the two miles to put my ring on. Talk about making me work for it! So worth it.

I love him so much, and can hardly wait to marry him for time and all eternity. I adore his family and am so excited to be apart of it. I really am amazingly blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment